Monday, October 17, 2016

DIY: Gnat Trap

Hi everyone!

I think it's safe to say it's about time for a new post.  But lets not ignore how totally random my post is...  No worries my dears - it's short & sweet.

So for some reason, we keep getting these damn little gnats in our house.  A lot of them decided to crash our house when we had ZERO fruit in our fruit bowl.

Do you know how annoying it is to try and eat or hold a conversation while clapping your heads everywhere like a psychotic seal..?  It's pretty damn annoying.

Well lucky for you I've put together my mash up of other tips/tricks that I found via Pinterest.


DIY Gnat Trap



Things You Need:
-  Mason jar
-  Apple Cider Vinegar
-  1 piece of Paper (preferably yellow because the gnats are attracted to it, but white is fine & using card stock is a plus!)
-  Small piece of a banana peel (any rotting fruit is fine)




Step 1:
Place the piece of small rotting fruit in the empty mason jar.



Step 2:
Pour enough apple cider vinegar into the jar to cover the small piece of rotting fruit.  Don't panic if the piece of rotting fruit decides it wants to float.



Step 3:
Roll the piece of paper into a cone shape and make sure the one end with hole is small, but not super small.



Step 4:
Place the cone shaped paper into the mason jar.  Make sure the paper doesn't touch the apple cider vinegar because you'll render it useless.



ALL DONE!

Now you can place it in the ever so popular area of your home that the gnats like to fly around.

Then it's totally up to you to leave it alone or you can sit there and watch how crazy the gnats fly around when they get caught up in the trap... [I won't judge because I may or may not do it too]

I will warn you: if you place it in an area with high traffic, you WILL smell the apple cider vinegar.  I don't think it smells strong enough to be that big of a nuisance.

Good luck!



xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment