Friday, March 14, 2014

Recipe of the Week: Crockpot Zesty Italian Chicken

(This picture is not mine)


Hiii!

Lately, I've been trying to get on my cooking grind. I feel like I've had to wear my cape on the regular. You're probably wondering wth, what cape...? HELLOOO! My Super Mom cape, duh. From late nights with my newbie & early mornings, back at my full time job, my little big man's soccer practice, and helping with homework... My hands are full. So Pinterest is my life saver when it comes to looking for delicious and/or quick recipes. My fave? Crockpot recipes. So one of my faves from this week was "Crockpot Italian chicken" and it's definitely a fave in our home. It was the usual 3 of us + 2 additional guests; no left overs! That's abnormal in my house. It's so yummy that my Mom asked for the recipe :) I figured if anyone reads this ish, they might want the recipe. So here it goes:


Crockpot Zesty Italian Chicken
What You Need:
- Crockpot
- Pam
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken (I use chicken breasts &/or chicken tenders) frozen or thawed will work
- 16 fl. oz. or 24 fl. oz. bottle of your fave Italian dressing, the bigger the bottle the more "sauce" you have (my fave is Kraft Italian Roasted Red Pepper Dressing/Marinade with Parmesan)
- one packet of dry Italian seasoning mix (I use Good Seasons All Natural Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix)
- one can of your choice of vegetables (I use a can of carrots, green beans, & corn)
- small red potatoes
- 1 Cup of Parmesan cheese

Directions:
1.) spray crockpot with Pam
2.) squirt a small amount of the dressing at the bottom of the crockpot
3.) add the chicken
4.) sprinkle the entire packet of the dry Italian seasoning on top of the chicken
5.) sprinkle the Parmesan cheese
6.) add your veggies [i drain all of it before adding it to the crockpot]
7.) squirt more of the dressing
8.) add the small red potatoes
9.) squirt the remainder of your dressing
10.) leave on high for 4-hours or on low for 6-hours


** Of course my Filipino side kicks in and I serve it with rice :)

You can find the original recipe here: http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/08/creamy-grilled-chicken-piccata.html?m=1 or via my Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sssteele/recipes-ive-used/.  The recipe I posted just has my little tweaks here and there :)


I hope you like it!



xo,
sss

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummmyyyy! I will have to try that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete