Saturday, March 29, 2014

The S is for Super



Sometimes I feel like I have to be super woman. We’re not a big family; just the 4 of us. Even with just the 4 of us, I feel like I’m constantly on the move, rushing to do whatever task is thrown at me.

I’m a mom first, a wife second. I don’t know if that’s the “right” way to prioritize, but it’s my way. I honestly never pictured it being so tiring.  Since adding one more addition to my little family, I have a higher appreciation for my mom.  My mom is a mother of 7 (I’m dead serious –7 kids). Even ‘til this day, I don’t know how she does it. Of course her kids are all adults now, but at one point in time we were little and she had to take care of us while my Dad worked. Regardless of how old your kids are, you’re still a parent; it’s kind of like a job that never ends.

In my house it’s me constantly running up and down the stairs, rushing to make someone’s lunch because we forgot the night before, or to hurry outside into the cold to heat up my car, or even to get a bite in so I have at least something in my stomach before I get to work. I have to do all of that with the possibility of my newbie waking up.

 --Cue the BIG sigh…

Don’t get it twisted. I’m not looking for pity. I’m well aware there are moms out there with more kids or problems/issues worse than mine. I’m more so writing in amazement because I never knew what I was/am capable of.

I’m not a firm believer in “the woman has to take care of the kids/house”. I’m DEFINITELY not into that. In this generation – regardless if you hate it or not – things have changed. I think that as a couple you *SHARE* the duties and responsibilities because [WE] are in this together. I do my best to make sure the home is clean and tidy. I do my best to make sure that we have dinner planned/ready. I work full time too. I don’t sit on my ass all day at home and do nothing. So I shouldn’t have to be the only one putting in the time/effort. There’s no excuse that I haven’t already heard. Well save the excuses because I’m officially done hearing them. It’s plain and simple. We’re supposed to be a T E A M.

I’m not going to lie, there’s times when the going gets rough I want to quit. I don’t handle stress very well. But quitting is not an option in my book. I know… way to quote the obvious. But at the end of the day, I know my 2 little guys depend on me and I owe it to them. It doesn’t help that my hormones are still out of whack that even my doctor is flagging me. You always have that optimistic mindset that you’re ready, but truth is no one is ever fully prepared for any of this; whether it’s being a mom for the first time or seventh, or being a wife. Everyone is different and handles shit differently. So in other words…


Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together” – Liz Taylor
 


xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment