Monday, September 7, 2015

Hello, Stay At Home Mom

Good morning beautiful people!

So September 1st, 2015 marked the start of a new era for me.

I am officially a Stay At Home Mom.  I don't want to say it's my new "job" because it's not a job - I'm just being a Mom.

 
 
So for all you asses who assume that title means:
  • Sleeping all day
  • Binge watching Netflix [what I honestly was hoping]
  • Snackage all day
  • Pampering myself
  • Meeting up with girlfriends doing nothing
  • Blowing through money

You are WRONG.

My schedule may differ from some of you.  My plan is to have my Newbie to have a schedule similar to what he had when he was still enrolled in daycare.  So I still get up early in the morning and make sure my Little Big Man is up and getting ready for school.  Then when it's time the three of us take a nice short walk down the street to walk my Little Big Man to school, BUT not before I make my pre-workout - COFFEE.  Once the two us return home I make him breakfast and turn on one of his shows.  I should add that I've become a big fan of Curious George.  I'm also going to add "expert in singing and reenacting children show's songs/dances" to my resume; Little Einsteins, Special Agent Oso, and Chuggington are how we roll.  Once he's done with breakfast I get him situated and then I do my  NEW daily 30-minute workout.

***Yup, I now workout.  I'm assuming my Husband became tired of hearing me bitch about how gross I feel/look.  So for once he took the initiative and purchased a workout plan for me from HIITMAX.  I'm still debating if I should feel insulted or thankful...  [we'll get back to that I'm sure].  If you know me then you know how much I despise working out!  I don't enjoy the whole feeling sore shit - it's a sign that you're either making progress or doing it incorrectly... yay?  Did I mention how much I hate working out???  I normally quit within 2 weeks.  I'm a fan of QUICK results...  Which with working out it takes patience aaaaand results take more than 2 weeks to make a debut.  Today I've began Week 2 of Phase 1 :)

Anyways - Once I'm done with my workout and get all  nice and squeaky clean [sweat is not my thing either] I make us lunch.  Which I didn't realize it would be such a pain to mix up lunch so there's a variety.  After lunch I lay him down for a nap.  Which has been a lot easier than I expected!  When he was still in daycare he would sleep from 1.5-2 hours without any problems.  Whereas at home on the weekends when we would try to get him to nap he would fight with us and maybe sleep for 30 minutes.  I've made it a habit to do a relaxing/quiet activity prior to putting him down for his nap.  He LOVES reading; the total opposite of his big brother [he can't stand reading].  This is where my "ME" time kicks in.  I can either: a) nap, b) clean up, c) finally watch one of my shows.  I end up trying to accomplish all 3 options.  He sleeps for about 2 hours and then we get ready to pickup my Little Big Man from school.  Once he's home it's homework time!  And we can't forget planning dinner.  I've gotten better at making dinner EARLIER so we're not eating at 7PM.  So if you just repeat that every week and mix in soccer practice twice a week then you'll have an idea of my schedule. 




I don't think it means being a SAHM is harder.  Shit, I used to have to do all of this while I worked full time.  But I do have a better understanding though, it's not any easier.  However, I can actually say that I love my "job".



 
Welcome to a day in the life of lil 'ole me.



xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment