Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You Can Do It

At least that's what I keep telling myself.  Thank God for coffee - I'm not joking, it's my Pre-Workout.

Good morning everyone!

As I stated in my last blog post I have begun my fitness journey.  Guess what!?  I STILL hate it.




I've already heard "you don't need to workout, you're already skinny"...  No, just staaahp.  Like every other female on this damn planet I am my own worst critic.  I see what I don't like about myself and that's what matters to me.  I don't care if anyone thinks I'm skinny or I'm fat.  I'm worried about what *I* see and what *I* don't like.

I am working out because I want to be skinny.  I know it's recommended to work out to be -fit- & -healthier-, but at the moment I'm thinking SKINNY.  In my opinion I think that's where most people start.  You see yourself in the mirror and dread seeing your reflection; at least that's how it is for me.  I think a lot of fitness journeys begin at the thought of wanting to be skinny, but once you've got that routine down it's all about being more fit and being healthier and nothing is wrong with that.




I, however, am still trying to find the motivation.

In the past, when Monday came back around I was dreading it because I knew what the day entailed - work, cooking, cleaning, soccer practices, softball games, etc.  Now when Monday pops back up I dread it because I know I have to do - my daily workout. 

I'm doing it [and doing it, and doing it well - oh why helluuur LL].

I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and think "DAMN I look fiiiiiiine!"...  I don't want to feel like I need to hide from my Husband when I'm changing or feel the urge to turn off the lights when we're bumping uglies so he doesn't see me [bwahaha] or feeling excited about rockin' a bikini and not feeling like I have to cross my hands across my stomach to hide it.  Yes, I have done all of the above.  I want to feel good about myself when I see me naked [way to sound vain].  Of course I decided to be all hot & skinny when Fall hits...  aka Sweater Weather...




Although, I will admit I am proud of how far I have come.


 
 
There have been mornings where I felt like puking while working out, but I pushed through it.  There are even times where I feel like it is impossible to accomplish some of the exercises, but I do it.  When I began my fitness journey I couldn't even plank for more than 30 seconds; you're supposed to hold it until you fail.  Today I did it for 1 minute, every single time.  Not only that, but I beat my 2 week quitting stage.  I'm already on Phase 2, week 3

I'm not at that stage where it becomes "addicting" - I don't foresee that ever happening, but I won't say it will "never" happen. 

I have my good and bad days.  I've already contemplated quitting because I don't feel skinnier and I don't see any changes, but I am definitely feeling SORE.  I'm still hoping for quick results [I can dream, right?]  So if you are thinking about getting fit or aren't as motivated - DO it; just get up an do it. 




xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment