Monday, February 10, 2014

Pain, Pain, Go Away!


So yesterday, my stubborn self finally ended up going to urgent care, or "minor care" as they now call it.  Once AGAIN I broke out with boils after delivering my newbie.  This happened when I had my little big man and now all over again.  It friggen sucks!  It is one of the worse pains I've ever felt.

**Don't worry I won't post any pics of the nastiness, but the details, in my opinion, are just as gross**

When I had my little big man, I got what I thought was a pimple on my spine... Then it started getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger.  Then a tiny black head forms on the top.  The so called "pimple" starts to harden.  My family applied hot compresses on it and tried to drain it.  It's pretty disgusting.  It's a greenish/yellowish puss that oozes out.  We ended up going to the emergency room.  Turned out boils are a type of staph infection.  Well they wouldn't go away.  I would get them anywhere on my body.  So they tested it and the type of staph I had was a bad one -- MRSA (mer-sah).  I had to take some antibiotics to fight the infection.  This medication you have to finish ALL of it.  Well when I did my infection was going away, but then I broke out in hives all over... That's when I found out I was allergic to sulfa. 

So this time around with my newbie, same thing has happened.  I ended up getting 3 on the inside of my left thigh, 1 inside my right thigh, and 1 below my right booty cheek.  Again, at first I thought I had randomly gotten a pimple on my thigh.  Then I tried to ignore it.  WRONG move! 

**If you wait for them to get bigger, the likely chance it becomes an abscess that needs to be cut open to drain the puss.**

So since I had [[5]] of various sizes, [[3]] of them had to be cut open and drained.  To say it was excruciating would be an understatement.  I was screaming/sobbing hysterically.  I'm so thankful my husband was there to hold my hand.  Beforehand, the nice nurse was kind enough to give me some medicine to calm me down and even a pain reliever shot in my ass.  I don't know if it helped me any. 

After they drain it, they put a wick in it to leave the wound open enough to heal from the inside out.  Well my problem this morning:  I try to change my gauze and the wick from 1of my open wounds is already out and dried to my gauze...  So once again -- I'm panicking.  Why?  I don't want to call the doctor and find out I need to get cut or have it repacked.  I'm hoping my meds are enough, but I'm still going to call my doctor.  As the saying goes, "it's better to be safe than sorry" right?  :-/  This is one of the reasons why I hate seeing the doctor. 

I'll keep you posted!


xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment