Monday, February 23, 2015

I Aint Got No Type

Good evening everyone!

I know this is a little late than my usual, but it's still Monday :)  Plus I'm on that Tony The Tiger high because -- NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!  This mama is staying home, sweat pants/no bra, and hoping it snows!

I'm sure I've stated this before, but I don't have a lot of "friends" and  I'm okay with that.  I like my circle small.  My personality tends to clash with others a lot & I prefer to save myself the drama/stress.  Plus, it's nearly impossible to be friends with too many females.  OH. MY. GOSH.  Females are so feisty, sassy, two-faced, bitchy... [don't nobody got time for that].

 
The stories of my failed friendships are always similar to the ones pertaining to my past love life.  I've had friends randomly stop talking to me, didn't like what I had to say, slept with my ex [she broke the girl code], chose a guy over me, butt-hurt because I didn't come hang every time I was invited, and snitched on me [on more than one occasion].

Holy chet, I think everything I listed is actually something a guy has done to me...  [mind. blown.]

Well, after listing all of that it's pretty obvious that I didn't and don't need those people in my life.

 
So it crossed my mind as I continued to scroll...  how I dislike a lot of people.  I look at my list of "Friends" and think "WHY are they even on that list!?" 
 
I think the word "friend" is used too loosely.  It's almost as bad as the word "love".  You have your best friend(s), your close friend(s), friend(s), and acquaintances.  I believe the word friend and acquaintance are often confused.

Oh snap!  I almost forgot to mention:  fair-weather-friends.  Those are the ones who come around only when it's convenient or it benefits them.  You won't hear from them too often until: they need to borrow your car, they need you to spot them some cash and they'll "pay you back" [sike], they need a ride, they need help building shit, or they need a place to stay, etc.  Of course after you've preceded to be a good friend, they begin to avoid you. (If my family is reading this -- THIS is why I don't like to be nice.  There are too many shady ass people in this world... Or town...)

It gets better.  When you're married/in a relationship and you start hanging out with the same group of people all the time.  It's like you have to do everything together and spend as much time as possible together... [I did not sign up for this shit]


In my circle: 

I have my best friends. 

1 - he even gets to play the role of my husband.  He listens to me bitch about my day or vent about him - [or just switch those words around] and then we get to bump uglies [bwahahaha]

2- we've been friends for 7-8 years!  [I think that's my longest relationship I've ever had - period].  She ended up moving, but that hasn't changed anything; we always pick up right where we left off.  I rather have more friends like her in my life.  Speaking of -- today, with the help of handy dandy technology, I got to hear her baby's heartbeat <3  That distinct sound just made me fall in love [I had to pull the E brake on that baby fever shit]. 

I have my close friends.

They have to deal with me on a regular basis and listen to my random/outrageous thoughts or comments.  Honestly, I think they keep me around for pure entertainment [who that bitch]

In case you didn't know, I'm pretty fu*kin funny.

As always, I have my family.

They made me who I am [I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing].  So if you ever want to blame anyone for my behavior -- helluuuur fam

I'm one lucky lady :)




xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment