Monday, February 2, 2015

I Wanna Be Like Mike

Helluuuur my dears!

Before I get started, I just want to throw it out there that I have TWO MORE DAYS until my birfffday!!! [hey girl heyyy!]

Speaking of growing up...

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shit.  Is there an age cut off for when you're supposed to figure this out???  I will be 26 and I STILL don't know what I want to do with myself.  My ambitions have varied through out the years:

1.) From age 4-12, I wanted to be a fashion model.  Hmm...  Being I have the same chest size as my 1 year old and I'm pretty much the life-size version of a chode; things didn't work out for me.

2.)  From 13-15, I wanted to be a cosmetologist.

3.)  From 16-?

I guess that's where all my ambitions went out the window or I just have the worst memory.  When you hear the age 16 you think of "Sweet 16" and all that other glitter and bullshit.  Obviously, 16 was def not my sweetest.

I graduated high school and that was it.  To me that was a huge achievement.  How often do you hear about a young girl who was pregnant in high school and she still managed to graduate [LIKE A BOSS!]?  Not too often.  Around here people made it sound like being pregnant meant you were stupid or something.  I would make Honor Roll or Principal's List and people would react like "omg! You're pregnant and you got better grades than me?!Hoe, don't do it.  I wanted the experience of going off to a college and living in a dorm, etc.  It's probably not all that great - but if you read it correctly, I said "experience".  At the time I was satisfied with "Yay!  No more school ever again!"  I was wrong -- when you have kid(s) it's like going to school all over again!  [have I ever mentioned how much I dislike math!?

Honestly, I feel disappointed with myself that I don't know what I want to do with my life; it's so unfulfilling.  I wish I would of taken it more seriously when I was still in high school and actually figured out what I wanted to do with myself; maybe pushed myself a little harder.  I like what I do now [not necessarily the people], but that as a career???  Like Mr. Feeny I'm on the fence [ta ha].  But I am very thankful I have a good job.

 
Lately, I started to dwell on the topic more than usual [damn you trivia crack].  Seriously though - if you have not played that game you're probably better off; who ever named that game was not joking.  If there is an intervention...  WHO SHE BE WITH!? [in my B.I.G. voice lmao]  That wasn't my only influence; even working on a research project with my little big man made me think about what I want to do with myself.

I've put some hard thinking into this so feel free to tell me what you think:

1.)  I can honestly dig working at a fashion magazine.  I can dress how I want and dye my hair the same as the damn rainbow and not have to worry about anything. 

2.)  I love watching crime fighting/drama type of shows/movies; so maybe something like a crime scene investigator or a forensic scientist/analyst.

3.)  A writer ;)  I fancy writing a book some day.  I'm sure a lot of people feel their life story is way more interesting than the person sitting next to them, but being I'm sitting by myself -- I think it's safe to say my life has been pretty crazy enough to write about [don't worry I'll change the names around so the world won't know your dirty little secrets lol]

4.)  A baker!  Totally random, but I like to bake.  I've noticed when I do bake I enjoy letting everyone else eat whatever I baked and me not eating any of it.  It's pretty satisfying to hear people say how much they enjoy it or request for more.



Sooo...  Am I random or what?  Option 1 and 2 are more TV based [haha - I watch way too much Netflix and Hulu]  I know not to believe everything I see on those shows, but it does spark my interest.

So what do you fancy?



xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment