Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The D Word

Well good morning.

Do I have your attention now?

Lately, I've been going through some personal struggles which inspired me to share my opinion.  I know the norm would be me spilling some juicy Details - but today I'm rather vague.  I've been inspired to talk about a not-so-great topic; the D Word [dun dun dunnnnn!] - Divorce.


FYI: This post does *NOT* pertain to my personal life [do. not. panic.]

Facebook, the place where people feel it's the place to air their Dirty laundry.  So of course it's normal to read things you probably have no business reading. 

"It's my page, so I'll post what I want!"

Yet, as true as that is - it Doesn't mean you should share EVERYTHING.  I'm guilty of Doing so in the past.  Now I try to keep it to a minimum of vague song lyrics or quotes when I'm feeling blue [hahahaha]  However, I know that urge; when someone Does something wrong to you that you just want to put them on blast as quickly as the blow they Delivered to you.  I remember that feeling of rage; when you want to spill all their Dirty secrets and humiliate whoever pissed you off.  Then post all the screen shots possible as proof or validation for your actions.

I've been there, Done that.  I'm vengeful.  I'm hot-tempered.  I'm impulsive.  It's also really immature and petty.

"It's just Facebook"

#Amen.  #Preach.  #Truth.  [whatever other word you can hashtag]

When you're hurt, sometimes the normal reaction is to lash out.  You know when they say, "misery loves company"?  It's true.

I know I sound like I'm getting a little side-tracked; be patient, I'm getting to my point.  So what's the cause to you lashing out? 

Someone could of:
1.) Broke Your Heart,
2.) Lied to You,
3.) Cheated,
4.) Insulted You

And the beat list goes on.  Let's go with scenario numero tres; that one is always so popular.  So he/she cheated on you and your emotions are running high.  You go from shock to hurt to anger to confusion to numb.  Yet, in the end you stick around and take him/her back [hoe Don't Do it].  That never makes sense to me.  Cheating is a Deal-breaker!  I Don't care if you're married or are bf/gf - it's WRONG

When do you throw in the towel and say ENOUGH

 
Divorce is so common now.  It's like Married today, Divorced tomorrow.  Why?  Because it's so easy to quit instead of working through your problems.  It's just as bad as ignoring your problems and hoping they just go away.  Everyone's always looking for the easy way out.  In this generation people get Divorced over stupid shit; having to Deploy [that comes with the military lifestyle] or they just changed their mind [it's a little late for cold feet], or because you talked about a family member [can't we all just get a long]. 

Don't get me wrong, I think in some situations it's necessary; like cheating or abuse. 

"Maybe He'll Change..." [or She]

 
Sweetie, when pigs fly out of my ass.  Change comes from within.  You shouldn't have to try and change anyone; they have to want to change their attitude/ways.  Plus, infidelity isn't something you can fix - that bond is BROKEN.

 
All that time/energy you use creeping through their phone, trolling their social media pages, etc...  If people would put as much energy into working things out or talking things out, things could would be way less complicated.  As cheesy as it sounds - put in 100%.  If you're having issues and can't resolve it between the two of you, they Do have Marriage Counselors.

 
I never want to be apart of that statistic.  Honestly, when I'm at my boiling point the thought has crossed my mind a time or two.  I couldn't see myself EVER acting on it.  My parents are still together and my hubby's parents are still together.  I idolize that type of relationship; I want to be able to say we've been in Love for over 30 years and still going strong [yuck, tee hee].  My hubby and I Don't believe in Divorce; if we have a problem - we will work together and fix whatever it is.  So that option is never on the table.  We made a vow and we intend to keep it.



So if I were asked where I see myself in a year or two, my response would be with my best friend.  I married my best friend [BFF].  Forever is a long time, but I'm looking forward to it.



xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment