Monday, August 3, 2015

Tick Tock

Good morning my lovely readers!

As some of you may know, my time is ticking at work; where I worked for the past 7 years & some change.  When I posted my VLOG I mentioned it being bittersweet. 

*Newsflash*

It still is. 

I now have 20 work days left here.  Am I counting down?  Yes.  Why?  I'm nervous.  I'm scared.  I know this isn't some rare occurrence in the friggen world, but it's a first for me.  I am quickly approaching new territory.




What else is a big stress-er?  We are still waiting to here back about my husband's re-enlistment [I know I sound like a broken record, get used to it].  I am very curious as to what the USMC has chosen as our new "home".

Any hoot -

You would think that since I'm finally getting what I want [-ish] that I'd be excited.  I'm used to working for a living.  I am used to having my own money & contributing to our household financially.

Lately I feel guilty whenever I spend money.  I keep second guessing every purchase I make; asking myself if I really 'needed' whatever I bought.  To state the obvious, on my last blog post [rewind here] I shared that I went on vacation.  Well that vacation was planned PRIOR to me being told that I'm being "let go" [elsa?].  So you would think that when you're on vacation you should be relaxing and being somewhat carefree.  I couldn't.  I was worried we'd overspend. 

However, I think I'm the only one worrying.  That's typical Stephanie behavior [eww I'm talking in third person...]  I'm the one who handles/organizes/worries about everything

This crap pretty much put a stop to my BIG plans.  I wanted to buy a brand new car.  I was already in the mindset of "bye bye used car!" - NOT.  My lesson is I probably shouldn't have counted my chickens before they hatched.

All this is making me so blah and kind of sad.  My main social interaction is at work.  My husband and I don't converse much once we get home ;) [ooo la la! jkjk]  We're usually too busy playing on our phones, watching TV, making dinner, or interacting with our kids.  Plus, him and I have horrible communication - THAT topic is a totally different blog post that I'll get to one day.  My 2 best friends are at work [Patty you're still my bff so don't panic].  It'll be weird not seeing & annoying them everyday. 

I know there's nothing I can do.  On the plus side of things we'll be saving a shit ton of MU-LA-LA [b*tch betta have my money!] thanks to NO MORE child care expenses!  <-- This is my attempt at being optimistic.  I'm trying to be more positive about what's to come and relax a little more.  I'm trying to believe that all of this is happening for a reason [BOOM with the cliché!].

Forgive me if I sound like I'm trippin over nothing as if I'm in a Friday 13th movie. 




*P.S. thank you to all of you who give me feedback; the comments, Facebook messages/comments, and Instagram comments, etc.  I can't say it enough, but it definitely brightens up my day to know that you enjoy reading my thoughts & it also reassures me that I'm not speaking to myself [ta ha].



xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment