Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Recipe of the Week: Crockpot/Stovetop Pepperjack Pasta Sauce


WHOOP WHOOP!

It’s that scrumptious time again (:

This says it’s a crockpot recipe, but being I’m very impatient and just so happened to be super hungry that day and forgot to take any meat out to thaw; I cooked all this on the stove.

Crockpot (or Stove top) Pepperjack Pasta Sauce 

Ingredients: 
- Pam spray (for my crockpot users)
- 1 LARGE can of Tomato Soup
- 1 LARGE can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1.5 CUPS of Milk
- 8 OZ. Pepperjack shredded cheese (I couldn’t find any, so I bought a block of the cheese & used a cheese grater to shred it)
- 4 OZ. Cream Cheese [cubed]
- 1 TSP. of Sugar
- 1 TSP. of Paprika
- 1 TSP. Basil
- ¼ TSP. Garlic Powder
- 2 dashes of Tabasco Sauce (I used Tapatio. Note to self: use more than 2 dashes next time because I like more of a kick)

If you’re using your crockpot: 
1. Spray crockpot with Pam
2. Add all the ingredients into the crockpot and stir.
3. Cook on HIGH for 3-3.5 hours, stirring occasionally

If you’re cooking on the stove: 
1. Pour all the ingredients into a pot
2. Cook on medium heat until it boils, stirring occasionally (unfortunately, I forgot how long I cooked it, but it wasn’t for 3 hours lol)

Once I finished all that good stuff, I poured it onto some nice spirally pasta aka rotini.

You can find the original recipe here: http://thefrugalgirls.com/2014/04/crockpot-pepper-jack-tomato-pasta-sauce-recipe.html or via my Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sssteele/recipes-ive-used/. Like usual, I added my tweaks and comments. I hope you enjoy!


xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment