Sunday, June 8, 2014

Prioritizing 101

*FYI – this may come off more as a rant vice my usual posts.

**WARNING – this may does contain a lot of sassy bitchiness and CAPS.



So the other morning, I go to drop my newbie off at the CDC before I went to work. I showed up a little earlier than usual due to other circumstances. As I’m minding my own bidnez (“business” for all your serious folks – I just finished watching Baby Mama so… sorry) one of the caregivers asked another parent dropping off her baby “what time did ____ last eat?” -- If you’re wondering, that’s a normal question the caregivers will ask you so they know when your baby’s next feeding is. The Unknown Mother says “oh, he hasn’t eaten yet this morning”.

If you could see my face right now as I’m typing, it’s that unimpressed/disapproving/stank face. I’m almost positive I made the exact same face when I overheard her answer.

Why am I trippin?

Hmm… Like my usual repetitive self, MAYBE it’s just me.


Like I had mentioned, my routine in the morning includes FEEDING MY KIDS. I would think a lot of people like to eat breakfast in the morning before they start their day; KIDS INCLUDED.

This chick was dressed down in some khaki shorts and a big t-shirt, her hair just tied back in a messy ponytail. That already is a flag to me that she’s not planning on going too many places looking like that. But hey, ya never know around here. She clearly looked like she was just dropping off her kid(s) and I’m assuming going back home. So IF that is the case

[cover your eyes]

WHY THE HELL COULDN’T YOU FEED YOUR CHILD *PRIOR* TO DROPPING THEM OFF AT SCHOOL/DAYCARE???!!!

Lazy.

Pure friggen laziness.

Yes, you do pay these (hopefully) lovely ladies to care for your children while you are away. In my opinion, I do not think that means you should solely depend on them to care for your child(ren). Remember, you are still a parent. That doesn’t mean you wake up in the morning, roll out of bed, and then put your kid(s) off on other people. At least be the least bit responsible and FEED your damn kid(s).

Obviously this touched a nerve of mine.

I, in no way shape or form, am an outstanding Parent. I have a short temper/fuse. I have almost ZERO patience. At least I can say I TRY. Even when I am running late in the morning, I make sure my kids have food in their tummies. I could have sworn it was common knowledge.

My point:  Get your shit together and your priorities straight.


Parents Please Prioritize.



xo,
sss

No comments:

Post a Comment